Thursday, October 30, 2008


Venetian What??

Meet Astarte (Cheryl) and Addagio (Ben).

Astarte is symbolic of love and fertility (you will notice the Venus star and red, glittered leaves on the mask).

Addagio is poetic, musical, and upbeat.

I made these masks for Ben and I for Halloween.

With Ben's I took 4 sheets of aluminum foil and fit it to his face, then did paper mache on top of that. I used acrylic paint for the white, black, red and gold design and put the gold ribbon on with hot glue. With my mask, I drew the design, painted it with acrylic, and then added the gold leaf / feather things with red glitter leaves. I topped it off with the gold ribbon all the way around the mask and on the brow.














3 comments:

Tycksen Family said...

Yeah!!! I am so excited you are blogging..Wahoo!! Cheryl those masks are absolutely amazing!!! You are incredible...in fact you guy's look like you stepped off a boat in Venice, Italy!! You look FABULOUS!!!!! I am very impressed!!

Laurel said...

I second that comment. When I first saw those masks I thought "where did they get such incredible masks?" Then I read that you made them (which makes them even cooler, by the way!). They are remarkable! You are very talented and creative, Cheryl. Oh... to be like you! ;)

Tycksen Family said...

It was so fun to see you both today! Just didn't have enough time together!
Hope to see you again soon!

Followers

About Us

We were married in the Salt Lake City Temple on November 17th, 2007. This blog will capture the many adventures we've had so far and those to come!